Brasem

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Ian
Eel

Brasem

Post by Ian »

I recently purchased this stuff,its a caramel flavour.does anyone use this?ive been warned to just add a little bit to some crumb but not to all the crumb in case the fish don't want it.what is a little bit?this stuff is very strong smelling,would i be better adding a t-spoon to my maggots,any advice would be much appreciated.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Brasem

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I used to love the smell of that stuff, mixed with brown crumb it was a great groundbait for Bream.
I think a teaspoon of brasem to a kilo of crumb was the ratio. I used to put maggots in the mix and just used them as hook bait.

Wal.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I add it to crumb for bream fishing. About a dessert spoon per kg. Also used it with maggots but can't say if it did anything. Also added to corn works well. Very good for attracting bream, especially if one adds molasses as well.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Cheers for that,I would have added far too much if I never asked.doesnt say on the packet.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

It is after all, an anagram of breams :tea:

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Its also Dutch for Bream :tea:
niceroach

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Half a dozen UK companies do a "brasem" smell, groundbait, syrup, additive, etc! As the above - bream love it! Don't know how many continental ones do - but more than UK.

Slumption
Bleak

Post by Slumption »

I use maybe 1/4 of a pack added to a decent bucked of grounbait base, 1/3rd layers mash / 2/3rd brown crumb plus a large dollop of mollases (mix it in the water first). Sometimes I add desicated coconut as well. Works for me for bream.

Slumption
Bleak

Post by Slumption »

Brasem is just flavoured biscuit flour, I used to get small packs of biscuit mix from Germany and its a fairly common ingredient in Belgian/French anglers homemade mixes.

Liquidised ginger bread men work as well, you need two of them, one man for the bucket of groundbait and one gingerbread man for the angler....

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”