K. P. Morritt's "Elite" in a Grey Box.

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

K. P. Morritt's "Elite" in a Grey Box.

Post by AshbyCut »

I've just splashed out an entire £10 (+ p&p) in this rather splendid looking K. P. Morritt's 'Intrepid Elite.'

Yes, I know I already have a few of them ... but this one has the grey case, which I haven't got !!!!! (All mine are red.) Hurrah !!!!!

Image Image
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Stingray
Grayling

Re: K. P. Morritt's "Elite" in a Grey Box.

Post by Stingray »

Looks good and great box A.C.

1st model handle you have there so maybe an early Elite - perhaps give the ratchet settings a run through as some of the early ones had a slightly different arrangement.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Thanks Stingray, Sir ... Wilco !!! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Yes - the 1st models as I have found it have the hourglass contoured crank knob as yours has; they have the different Surfcast style bale catch/folding bale mechanism as yours has (though I think yours has a bit snapped off the end of it); and they have different ratchet components which put the options in a different order -

1st model has - Bottom=Anti-reverse, Middle=Truplay, Top=Off

Later models have - Bottom=Anti-reverse, Middle= Off. Top=Truplay

Looks like that rather nice box is probably the earlier model too.

:read:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I can confirm that this one has the "1st. model" configuration described by Stingray.

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Funny that I bought one a few days ago just as yours with a grey box too, on a whim, for peanuts. And aren't they lovely, a true bit of history and I understand Mr Walker had a part to play in their development.
One problem with mine is that the bail arm roller had corroded and despite a clean up doesn't roll, not that I think it really matters, but if anyone has a spare please get in touch, thanks.
Best Fishes
Mushy

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Mushy, the roller sits on a tiny bronze bush, have you taken the roller off and cleaned the bush? You will find if you over tighten the hex nut it will "pinch" the roller, may be a idea to back it off a little. :Hat:

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”