Good News at Redmire Pool

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Barbulus
Tench

Good News at Redmire Pool

Post by Barbulus »

I had wondered in recent weeks what particular topic would herald my achieving the "1000 TFF Post" mark.

As if by some strange coincidence, earlier this afternoon was a particularly appropriate, timely and, personally, a very satisfying topic and occasion when I saw earlier this afternoon a "TFF post" from a member of the Richardson family concerning a subject very, very, close to my fishing soul for very many decades. I found it uplifting, positive, encouraging and a "TFF Post" to celebrate the potential triumph of hope and action over sadness and reflection. My 1000 th TFF Post this afternoon reflected this.Those Members like minded will, I am sure, understand.

It was this afternoon with an almost Spring like step, to mix a metaphor, that I was able to comment for the 1000 th. time in this Forum on a positive confirmation of the actions planned for the forthcoming Close Season to address some of the issues that have impacted Redmire. I have , in my own small way, this evening marked this celebration, and I look forward to 2015 with a renewed energy and enthusiasm that action will, indeed, be undertaken by those particularly associated with this pool to preserve and indeed "grow" a unique part of carp fishing history for future generations. The commitment is there in writing this afternoon from the owners and those managing this famous pool and, I suggest, we should all support this commitment however we are able !

So......to address further some of the legend in respect of potential netting in 2015 and the ability, historically, of the "monsters" to mythically evade the process, I can assure those TFF Members with an interest in Redmire and the mythological "Chess Pieces", that they will always have a very close affinity with Redmire, wherever they might be, and that there is one photograph only in existence to my certain knowledge that records for posterity and legend, all of the Redmire "Aristocracy" known as the "Chess Pieces".....I am prepared this evening to let TFF Members see the evidence.......all "captured" on film at Redmire for the first , and I believe only time, this week......

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: Good News at Redmire Pool

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Ha ha......excellent, I scrolled down expecting to see ...... Gotcha ! Well done :-)

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Fantastic.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Having seen these the other day I can vouch that the pictures hardly do them justice. They are bloody lovely.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

You kept them quiet Matthew :cry: wished I'd seen them
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Oooops ! Sorry Loop ! Next time ! Seriously, I thought you had seen them ! Sorry ! Old Estate Lake next year. ?

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Old estate lake it is, :Thumb: that's going to be my 'Redmire' next season
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Like them a lot! :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Return to “Redmire Pool”