Personal Best x2

This forum is for discussing carp.
Necarper

Personal Best x2

Post by Necarper »

Today started cool, at 15C so I ventured out for a second attempt on my new water. Started with corn on a feeder rod and within 15 minutes had a hit which went like a rocket. 10 minutes playing it and it ran again, parting my 20 lb line like cotton, I had a free running feeder so I know that would have fallen away and not been tethered to the fish. My daughter works part time for Starbucks and at the end of the day they can bring home any food that is on date..... last night she brought home some snack boxes which contained Brie, it was rather ripe so as I had not tried cheese, I threw some in my bag just in case. Set up again and decided to try the cheese, put out the feeder with a ball of the Brie molded to the hook, 20 minutes in, got a second run and this time brought it to the net. Weighed in at 10.5 pounds, a personal best over here (still to beat my 27 back home). While waiting for a bite on the feeder, set up a float rod and fished the margin with worm..... caught a few small sun-fish and then to my surprise the float dipped and there was a very small stripey..... not huge by any stretch of the imagination but my first one over here, so I guess that counts as my second personal best in one day ! By 11 the temp had shot up to around 25C, the water became still and bites stopped so time to go home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Personal Best x2

Post by AshbyCut »

First rate, Sir ... and a sergeant too !!!!! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Where ere ye be let the Brie gang free - excellent :Thumb:
niceroach

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

What a waste of ripe Brie :drool: But put to a very good cause :Thumb: Well done.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Well played that man.
Bumble

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well done that man.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Nice Carp.

Are Perch native to the US?

Necarper

Post by Necarper »

Gaz..... yes perch are native to the USA, they are not the familiar UK species Perca fluviatilis, but are the Yellow Perch, Perca flavescens.

As with many fish here, like the Common and the Pike (Esox lucius), here called the Northern Pike to distinguish it from the American pike (Esox americanus), some perch got introduced from Europe and they have cross bred to give a hybrid which is now the most common form, but not too many in this part of the states.

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”