Precision Rods "R. Sealeys Brumas."

The Precision Rods forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Precision Rods "R. Sealeys Brumas."

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I cant decide what looks best, the original Black/grey or the black/gold finish created by the varnish.

I think I would be tempted to try and make it look like it did when it was new so black/grey with bright red tips and inters, it will look stunning on the black background, there is no doubt about that..

You will need quite a bit of thread for these two rods Mal and I bet your wrists ache after doing all them long ones..

Wal.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wal, Sir ... it seems to be a varnish common to all the Sealey 'match' type rods ... as can be seen on the photos on my "R. Sealey's Rapid Strike" thread :-

viewtopic.php?f=309&t=10481

That and the amount of work needed to put them back to 'original' is probably why someone had already stripped and badly whipped my "R. Sealey's Precise" when I found it, even if the factory had ceased the black finish :-

viewtopic.php?f=309&t=3145
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

When you think that varnish has been on there for 65 years, I think it's done well..

Looking forward to seeing it progress Mal, keep us up to date..

Wal.

Return to “Precision Cane Rods”