Repair to speedia reel

The Speedia Reels forum.
Cooksey

Re: Repair to speedia reel

Post by Cooksey »

Hi all, just noticed another de luxe speedia went for £155 tonight !

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

Its crazy ,i know i have one minus its handles in my work room ,i keep trying to buy a speedia with the right handles on to transplant to mine but prices are prohibative ,i've considered fitting different handles ,but people expect the yellow ones .
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Cooksey

Post by Cooksey »

Hi chavender, you can have my mk1, no
Need to send
Me yours, I hope you can restore it to it's original condition, could you pm your address and I will post it tomorrow.
Regards, lawrence

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Cooksey wrote:Hi all, just noticed another de luxe speedia went for £155 tonight !

I think that might be because of the box, .... collectors do love boxes. However, that didn't look like the right box at all to me.

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Some of the prices being realised at the moment are leaving my flabber somewhat gasted. Along with that Speedia was this Abu — http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABU-CARDINAL- ... 958wt_1398 — Nice, yes, but £ 230.00 with the postage!

JohnClyde
Perch

Post by JohnClyde »

Admittedly I've already sent one back to a different seller from ebay. This one spins for a good 40-50 seconds without taking a run up before batting it. It is so beautiful to look at though! hmmmm.

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

its one of those things ,i guess its down to what you can live with ,slight wobble not a big problem to operation ,lateral movement is more of a problem ,when playing a fish .the other option is to get it fixed adding to the expense already paid out .speedia's can amble along like a drunken fool (unsteady on its pin and wobbly as it goes) quite happily
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Return to “Speedia Reels”