Lures

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Martin

Re: Lures

Post by Martin »

Wagtail wrote:I've made a few lures in my time and whilst the recent ones are not exactly the most traditional lures, they are never the less effective in the right place :Scared:

Didn't realise you were a cane fan too Alex

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Martin wrote:
Wagtail wrote:I've made a few lures in my time and whilst the recent ones are not exactly the most traditional lures, they are never the less effective in the right place :Scared:

Didn't realise you were a cane fan too Alex
Long been interested but only recently done anything about it. Been having great fun with the vintage gear :Happy: Not tried any vintage piking yet, but come this winter who knows...
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Martin

Post by Martin »

I ended up growing tired of making lures to order and hitting deadlines it lost its appeal and I become more interested in pike fly fishing than lure fishing. The pike swimbait (top) was the last one I ever made and donated it as a charity raffle prize

You could easily carve a small crankbait (plug) from balsa and through wire it

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

They're all amazing, but those two pike !!!

If I saw those I'd cast a dead bait at 'em...they're fantastic!

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”