Odd common

This forum is for discussing carp.
Estaban

Odd common

Post by Estaban »

Caught this fellow Sunday. Have seen the occasional fish with an oddly cocked tail but never anything like this before a severely arched back without any sign of old injury. On a guess (no scales) high single low double, so he has lasted more than a few years in a world where survival of the fittest reigns true. Was happy to get him back in the water.

Julian
Salmon

Re: Odd common

Post by Julian »

It's still a very nice carp Estaban :Thumb: - if it was normal shape ( ie straight) it would look very much like a superb classic bronze wildie
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Estaban

Post by Estaban »

I agree Julian, thanks, was glad to let him be free again, and will keep an eye out when returning to that pool.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

An injury when young? At least you'll recognise him, as a familiar friend, if he comes to your net again, Estaban. :Thumb:

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Bit of the old scoliosis by the looks of it, still could catch though
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Minger68

Post by Minger68 »

nice common and one you wont forget

Azur
Dace

Post by Azur »

It's a daft example, but when I used to keep and breed fish such as guppys/kribs, sometimes one or two of the brood would come out a little... Bent? Much like that carp they weren't quite right. Maybe it's a defect rather than an injury :)

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I would say deformity rather than injury.

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”