Hampshire Avon, fishing report.

This forum belongs to the River Avon.
MGs
Pike

Re: Hampshire Avon, fishing report.

Post by MGs »

http://www.ringwoodtackle.co.uk/

Try these guys. Last time I was up that way they were selling day tickets for Severals and Lifelands on the Avon at Ringwood. I struggled on Severals in the summer but had four 4lb chub on Lifelands at the end of the season
Last edited by MGs on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Mr B

Post by Mr B »

Thanks mate, must give it a go next season.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

I think you can still get day tickets for Lifelands and the Ringwood Fishery which is immediately below it but not The Several Fishery (not 'Severals'!!!!!). Check with the tackle shops; nothing online with RDAA. It was the case years ago on The Several water as it was very popular. Also day tickets on Fordingbridge Park.

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

DaceAce wrote:I think you can still get day tickets for Lifelands and the Ringwood Fishery which is immediately below it but not The Several Fishery (not 'Severals'!!!!!). Check with the tackle shops; nothing online with RDAA. It was the case years ago on The Several water as it was very popular. Also day tickets on Fordingbridge Park.
Hi DaceAce, :Hat:
...."Severals and Lower Severals" (as they are listed in my R&DAA Membership Book) is Members only. As you say, it was a Day Ticket water in past years.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Maggot's Dad wrote:
DaceAce wrote:I think you can still get day tickets for Lifelands and the Ringwood Fishery which is immediately below it but not The Several Fishery (not 'Severals'!!!!!). Check with the tackle shops; nothing online with RDAA. It was the case years ago on The Several water as it was very popular. Also day tickets on Fordingbridge Park.
Hi DaceAce, :Hat:
...."Severals and Lower Severals" (as they are listed in my R&DAA Membership Book) is Members only. As you say, it was a Day Ticket water in past years.
Pete Hutchinson started calling it 'Severals' 40 years ago and wrongly the name has stuck but it is actually The Several Fishery as the fishing rights were severed from the land rights by the king hundreds of years ago in the days of salmon weirs and traps long before rod and line fishing. There's no Mr Several! Fortunately 'The Royalty Fishery' has kept its name so far and not become 'Royalties' or Royalty's', and no 'Throops' either yet though the Cockney version of that is 'Froop'.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Not sure it makes any difference what you call it, Mr B isn't going to be able to fish it on a day ticket
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Have a look at the Christchurch AC who have just opened some more banks to day tickets on the Avon at Gorley.
CAC Ringwood area good for barbel & chub but for roach you cannot beat Britford at the moment.

Downstream of Salisbury it is:-
LAA Britford,
Longford Estate Syndicate,
Salisbury DAC,
Hale Syndicate,
then a a bit of a mixed area!,
then day ticket from Sandy Balls Caravan Park,
strictly private,
Fordingbridge Recreation day ticket.

Trammels

Post by Trammels »

Mr B wrote:Also, is the day ticket streach of the river at Christchurch good for Barbel.... I know the Barbel are there but not sure how the day ticket section fishes?
Tight lines
Mr B
The day ticket stretch of the river at Christchurch is the Royalty. It can be busy in Summer but almost certainly has the highest head of barbel of anywhere on the Hampshire Avon. It still has about 500 yards of fishable bank despite the Avon being flooded right across the valley. Best barbel out this week was 12lb 4oz!

Return to “River Avon”