Ringwood Angling Club

This forum belongs to the River Avon.
Kingfisher2007

Ringwood Angling Club

Post by Kingfisher2007 »

As I am approaching 65 and will cheaper membership cost. I am thinking about joining Ring wood. I have fished a few places on a day ticket. I would like to try long trotting for barbel . Any advice on line etc. Recommend stretches. I fish on my own these days. I used to go with a old chap who used take me down there. He has passed away and no one I know fishes. I am a Lone Wolf. Any info would be great.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Ringwood Angling Club

Post by RBTraditional »

If you pop in or give Ringwood Tackle a call, Richard or one of the chaps will give you all the info you need, it's a cracking little shop and they are very friendly.
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

For me and you only £3.00 difference in membership between Ringwood club and Christchurch club! £120.00 against £117.00!

Both have good river waters Avon & Stour, with barbel and chub - not forgetting the still-water tench, carp, perch and catfish. Both can get crowded. Both have water from the outskirts of Salisbury to the sea!

I always like Winkton as it still holds roach as well as the other species.

A difficult choice unless you want mullet - the mouth of the rivers have them.

Or salmon - which the Avon has more of - that is an extra £100 from Christchurch club.

Richard can always keep you up to date on many fish captures.

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

This is something I'm looking into myself, really. The balance of opinion so far has been towards Ringwood, though my personal research has pointed towards Christchurch.

It is quite difficult to get a real picture, for example, I'm really picky and ideally would like a secure but empty swim next to the carpark, cattle, dogs and idiot free.

Trouble is many anglers are happy to trudge in rustling waterproofs through miles of mud and livestock. Hard to quantify this from the web info - such as it is. I could get an exchange book for Christchurch, trouble is I've to drive to Ringwood to pick it up, then return it.

The £100 salmon thing needs clarification, according to CADAC site you can pay £100 just for salmon, or the normal £150 or whatever it is for coarse, salmon, trout etc.

I'd appreciate more info.

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Kingfisher2007 wrote:As I am approaching 65 and will cheaper membership cost. I am thinking about joining Ring wood. I have fished a few places on a day ticket. I would like to try long trotting for barbel . Any advice on line etc. Recommend stretches. I fish on my own these days. I used to go with a old chap who used take me down there. He has passed away and no one I know fishes. I am a Lone Wolf. Any info would be great.
Ringwood/Royalty for barbel trotting though you won't be very lone there.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Sadly Christchurch A C lost their jewel in the crown a couple of years back and the Somerley estate waters, which comprise of many famous beats are now syndicated.
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Yep - at least 2 Forum Members here belong.

I left CAC as their salmon fishing was subject to a separate additional charge and many waters did not allow salmon fishing as the leases were for coarse fishing only.

I think the idea of cattle or horse or sheep free fishing in the countryside is big ask!

Finally who or what is CDAC? Christchurch Angling Club or Ringwood and District Angling Club - half & half!

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Olly wrote:Yep - at least 2 Forum Members here belong.

I left CAC as their salmon fishing was subject to a separate additional charge and many waters did not allow salmon fishing as the leases were for coarse fishing only.

I think the idea of cattle or horse or sheep free fishing in the countryside is big ask!

Finally who or what is CDAC? Christchurch Angling Club or Ringwood and District Angling Club - half & half!
Christchurch.

Wouldn't take a lot to indicate whether there are public/dog/cattle/idiot free stretches really, though I suppose reverse logic applied by the more gifted might hit the bottom line.

Salmon fishing was quite good at Ibsley. I caught my first on February 18th, and in normal years it is fine for fly, a big deep canal the chugs along like the Spey. Since many don't wade and the banks are high casting can be a bit tricky at times but with todays plethora of lines not impossible. You see more people now than in the old days, with much tweed in evidence too.

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Kingfisher2007 wrote:As I am approaching 65 and will cheaper membership cost. I am thinking about joining Ring wood. I have fished a few places on a day ticket. I would like to try long trotting for barbel . Any advice on line etc. Recommend stretches. I fish on my own these days. I used to go with a old chap who used take me down there. He has passed away and no one I know fishes. I am a Lone Wolf. Any info would be great.
PM sent.

Stour Otter
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Stour Otter wrote:
PM sent.

Stour Otter
That was a good conversation stopper.

Return to “River Avon”