Fishing the Royalty

This forum belongs to the River Avon.
Hamburger
Rudd

Fishing the Royalty

Post by Hamburger »

I'm planning on a day at the Royalty Fishery, Christchurch. Something between 6th and 18th September. Not the 10th though, for that's my wifes birthday. Wouldn't it be nice to have a little TFF meeting? I'd very much appreciate some tweedy company on my first day at the famous water. Tweed show-off depends on the amount of water from above. Finest Assam will be provided by me and my Kelly base camp model. Just bring your mugs! How does that sound? Cheers, Jakobus.
I said goodbye to what I knew and embraced the ways of old, with it taking on the attitude that big isn't best.

Stuart Harris, 'From Carbon to Cane'

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Re: Fishing the Royalty

Post by Greentura »

I will have to check the date as it's my anniversary on the 17th and the weekend before and after are booked, let me know when you have a date :Thumb:

Hamburger
Rudd

Post by Hamburger »

I will, of course. One fellow TART member already said, he's got the first week off, so it might not be at the weekends. Let's see, what the others have to say....This is promising to be fun.
I said goodbye to what I knew and embraced the ways of old, with it taking on the attitude that big isn't best.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

You may find the river very busy as it is day ticket. I have fished it in November and struggled to find a swim!
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

I would advise AGAINST lighting fires on this fishery. Better to take a flask. I can fish it under Ringwood DAA and we certainly can't light fires here or any other water.

Hamburger
Rudd

Post by Hamburger »

Thanks for your advice and for preparing me. I had expected it to be a bit like in APFA. Hahaha. Little dreamer, me. I'll bring a flask, then. In certain pools, they catch lots of Salmon and Sea Trout these days, so I've heard. I think I might call Davis Tackle for advice. Maybe book one of the well known swims, if possible.

Hamburger
Rudd

Post by Hamburger »

Well, Gentlemen, I announced September, the 16th for the cane bending event. I did it on fakebug on Greentura's TART group. If someone wants to join an hasn't got a faithbuck, please post here, or pm me directly for details. I check in daily.

Return to “River Avon”