britford trip

This forum belongs to the River Avon.
Chubman
Crucian Carp

britford trip

Post by Chubman »

were off to britford on saturday,i know its best fished later in the year,but i need a change of venue,has anyone fished it this season? just wondered if its fishing well or not,best wishes chubman.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: britford trip

Post by Tengisgol »

Good luck! Very keen to get down there myself this season and would dearly love to see some photos of the place (hopefully some with you in the foreground with a big fish or two!).
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

hi tengisgol,ill post some photos of the river when i get back,but i cant promise any pics of a 3lb roach,cheers chubman.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

arrived at britford at 6.30am,a lovely 6.5miles of river to ourselves untill noon when only 3 more rods turned up,hit 29c at noon so we did not expect to catch ,spotted a few barbel sun bathing in the margins,we manage to net a lot of very good sized dace,2 roach,lots of minnows + i landed a 2.5lb seatrout and had a large pike take 2maggots of the top as i batted back my pin,sorry but i forgot to take my camera in my rush to get there,wonderfull spot,well worth a visit(DAY TICKETS MUST BE PREBOOKED) stuart wilson river keeper 07847 109153,ill be back next sat and ill take a few pics as i know some of you wished to see some shots of the venue,best wishes chubman.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

as requested a pic of the avon at britford.

Return to “River Avon”