Gonk Heaven.......there is a God.

This forum is for discussing gudgeon.
Moley
Brown Trout

Gonk Heaven.......there is a God.

Post by Moley »

The Mole, for it is he, has been creating havoc on a local Estate Lake with his Hardly Perfection. Gonks galore have fallen for the charms of this 2ft cane marvel :Hat:

The problem is some other veritable monsters can't resist its charms either:

Who can resist a spirited roach :Thumb:

The rod is surprisingly resilient even subduing this carp which put a worrying bend in the cane but was eventually caned......ho, ho, ho!

The other delight with this set up is the looks of the other, more serious anglers, given to Fatty, in between his scoffing pies and singing(badly) whilst wielding this 2ft marvel, catching all the fish and slurping tea very noisily......is there any other way to drink tea?

Who says a Mole can't multi-task?

Methinks though a letter from the Club Committee may be arriving at the Mole Fortress in the very near future if such disgraceful behaviour continues; it's a tough life at the top :Wink:

As ever,..........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

JAA

Re: Gonk Heaven.......there is a God.

Post by JAA »

Top angling that Mole Image

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Well done, great angling
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

There seems to be, and I like it , a shift to using pen rods or little rods ... any thoughts ? I brought back a 6.6 ft spinner rod from USA in 2015 and it's good much I do... trotting excepted.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Bang on old chap!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Absolutely splendid, Moley, Young Sir. Just back from Redditch I had taken my hat off ... but I put it back on to doff it to you when I read your post. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Wow. Landing those fish on a two foot rod must have been great sport. Well done.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I would have paid to see the faces of those around you Moley :Chuckle: A tremendous catch but you missed the trophy shot of a lifetime with the carp. That would have set many a bivvy a shaking.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

I love reading your posts Moley! So much so I felt compelled to show Mrs LL your post. She read and chuckled then asked if you aught to be waving your two foot marvel around in public!

Lovely angling Moley.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Many thanks for the kind words from everyone who posted :Thumb:
LuckyLuca wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:12 pm I love reading your posts Moley! So much so I felt compelled to show Mrs LL your post. She read and chuckled then asked if you aught to be waving your two foot marvel around in public!

Lovely angling Moley.

This very Mole, yes him, is glad you and your wife enjoy the scrawl that records what passes for his life LL.

As for the concern expressed over the waving of the two foot marvel around in public............well, if you've got it flaunt it! :eyebrow:

Matron :Scared: has been spoilt all these years and doesn't realise how lucky she is............. :Chuckle:
Dave Burr wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 4:57 pm A tremendous catch but you missed the trophy shot of a lifetime with the carp. That would have set many a bivvy a shaking.
Trophy Shot????

Seriously Dave, getting any picture of the fish is a result, Moles and cameras do not get on. As for asking sulky pants aka Clive, the 1970's Carp Leg-End, to work this new fangled photomagraphic stuff is like the blind leading the daft.....basically a waste of time!
Tench Dreamer wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 11:30 am There seems to be, and I like it , a shift to using pen rods or little rods ... any thoughts ? I brought back a 6.6 ft spinner rod from USA in 2015 and it's good much I do... trotting excepted.
The Mole has always preferred shorter rods for fishing, and finds them easier to use. The current Hardly Perfect is taking things to the extreme but tremendous fun to use and thoroughly recommended to everyone, so long as expectations of its qualities are kept at a realistic level :Wink:
AshbyCut wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 12:42 pm Absolutely splendid, Moley, Young Sir. Just back from Redditch I had taken my hat off ... but I put it back on to doff it to you when I read your post. :Hat:
The Mole doffs his hat in your direction too AC :Hat: ........us tiddler snatchers must stick together.

Once again thank you everyone who posted such kind words.

As ever,.....................

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “Gudgeon (Gobio gobio)”