Lancaster UK

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
TFB

Lancaster UK

Post by TFB »

http://www.fawcettsonline.com/pages/About-Us.html

This place in Lancaster always used to have a wonderful old-world interior and lots of splendid old tackle. I wonder if it is still the same?

Scott
Tench

Re: Lancaster UK

Post by Scott »

Looks great! They're still selling some vintage tackle on the website, no bargains though. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum :Hat:

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

That's a blast from the past! Went in here as a young boy for all my tackle and licences but I'm not sure if they ever sold the humble gentiles. Would always drag my mother in to show her the latest bit of essential equipment a young chap needed. Also remember never being allowed upstairs for that was where the guns were kept!! Must pop in next time I'm back.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

This Mole is old enough to remember when this shop opened, so to me it does not seem that old. The prices were always high, even back then, because they sold all the top end tackle.....way beyond my price range. But it was nice to go in and dream, and that was free!

Used to fish the Lune and Wyre for brownies a lot and the canal at Garstang, for the roach in winter. Mitchell's beer became of great interest too and as for a Singletons Pork Pie on a Saturday morning before doing the weekly shop, sheer bliss!

Happy days, Lancashire is sorely missed by this Mole. Going back every so often for a visit, brings home the realisation of just how great this area of the country is, apart from the rain......which is special, believe me! :Hat:

As ever,.........

Mole Power!!! :Sun:
Say aye tae'a pie!

Zipper
Roach

Post by Zipper »

Haven't been there for many years and when I did it was for shooting rather than fishing needs. Prices were always high for shooting stuff too.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Visited it quite a few time whilst stepdaughter was at Lancaster Uni! Buy as cheap as they can ----- and sell at very very exorbitant prices!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”