DIY reel bags

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Marc
Sea Trout

DIY reel bags

Post by Marc »

Ok, not pretty, but given twenty mins, three old pair of combat trousers (recently lost loads of weight) and some scissors and you have ready made reel bags. They stop the chipping of paint and any grime getting on your reels. They'll do until I find a supply of cheap bags.

Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Davejass
Rudd

Re: DIY reel bags

Post by Davejass »

That's clever!!
Dave@ Hastings

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Great idea, I will have to have a rummage in the wardrobe!
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Tony.J.Newman
Silver Bream

Post by Tony.J.Newman »

My brother used to cut the bottoms off legs of old jeans, sew that up to make a bag shape and thread a lace through the hem at the bottom to make a draw cord.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Good idea, thanks for sharing .

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

this thread takes me back ,I used to have a rod bag/quiver made from a pair of a friends jeans (they had longer legs than me ) ,I've made reel bags from the butt of old jeans and cords ,I even made some draw string bags from a pair of leather pants (not real leather) that I recall I took too one of the tff agm's ,they was made for big centrepins ,& I no longer needed one so I intended it for the gifting table (freebee's) ,but after some one remarked on its resemblance to a gimp mask ,for some strange reason no one wanted it and it remained unclaimed... I still have it someware .its how I grew up ,if you couldn't afford something ,make your own & don't let things goto waste everything is useful .its part of the reason i'm a abitual hoarder .and why I make my own floats and rods etc .I'm so sad my bed/quilt cover is a patchwork quilt made from my old ripped/worn jeans .I remember I even made a pocketed anglers vest (ok I saw the one Wilson had on his shows and wanted one) from a old cordrauy jacket with extra pockets made from patches cut from the sleaves .you've just got too see the potential in things...
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Whopper
Minnow

Post by Whopper »

This is really a nice idea, thanks for sharing!
Catch your dreams...

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”