Refined padded reel bag

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Robbi
Tench

Refined padded reel bag

Post by Robbi »

Firstly, please forgive the colour ! It was the only off cut I had that was big enough. ( some nice brown leather ordered last night :) )

This bag is slightly refined from the first one yesterday, it is very slightly smaller but still big enough to easily carry any of the reels you see in the photo.

Still lined with faux sheepskin.

It has a more rounded bottom ( ooo err missus) to fit centre pins better.

I have added a small brass rivet at the top of each side to prevent any possibility of the stitching coming undone.

I like this one better than the first one :) (apart from the colour :) )

"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Marc
Sea Trout

Re: Refined padded reel bag

Post by Marc »

Very nice Robbi. You'll have the most comfortable reels on TFF; until you sell me two that is... :Chuckle: :Wink:
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

robbi ,first off thats a great reel bag ,but it does give me deja vu ,of last years agm and a certain reel bag ,a home made reel bag simular to yours but made for a 5¼" centre pin ,in black faux leather material ,the said reel bag i recall was the subject of debate wether or not it was in fact a reel bag or gimp mask!! mind you it was poorly made ,cut from the trouser legs of a pair of leather pants brought from a carboot :eyebrow: .

not a patch on yours ,at least yours looks the part and the colour is rather nice actually ,it would look great partnered with the right reel ,something like a browning revolver say.
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

Hmmmm.....sheepskin lined gimp masks ..... I'll have a rummage in the scrap box and see what I can do. :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Robbi wrote:Hmmmm.....sheepskin lined gimp masks ..... I'll have a rummage in the scrap box and see what I can do. :)
A rummage in the scrape box takes on a whole new meaning! :whistle:

Lovely reel pouch Robbi!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”