Black currant essence

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Ian
Eel

Black currant essence

Post by Ian »

I've tried this stuff through my crumb in the past and it worked great but I stopped using it for a few years.i decided to give it a go on lochnaw and once again it pulled the roach in.
It will definitely be part of my brown crumb mixes from now on.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: Black currant essence

Post by Bobthefloat »

Black currant was one of my favourite flavours when I use to make my own boiles and also blackberry.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

BobTheFloat wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:07 am Black currant was one of my favourite flavours when I use to make my own boiles and also blackberry.
I tried it for the first time years ago bob but in the form of a black currant t-bag emptied into my crumb.
The results were great for roach but I stopped using it and I couldn't say why.
I will be using it more often again now.
I got the ultra black currant essence from ccmoore and a cap full of that and a cap full of ultra condensed milk to a kilo of crumb was just right.
Another great roach attractor was hemp cooked with chili powder,strawberry flavoring and sugar,but once it cooled I would chuck in a couple of handfuls of porridge oats,that made it smell like strawberry ice cream and it was an amazing attractor,I will need to try that again but with black currant instead of strawberry.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

I also started incorporating the Tesco 50% fruit squash in various flavours but especially the blackcurrant I imagine this would be great to knock up ground bait with as well

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

I will look into it bob,I'm not too sure about citrus fruit flavours,I think I'm put off because my cat hates orange peel.
Seemingly it's good for fishing though.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”