Flavouring Luncheon Meat

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
MightyMaggot
Stickleback

Re: Flavouring Luncheon Meat

Post by MightyMaggot »

My local pond fishing for carp my brother in law has been smashing me every session with a catch rate of at least 4 to 1, checking his meat compared to mine he has been covering his bait in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce( From the Sates) since doing the same my catch rate has now equaled, it would seem that plain meat was definitely out scored by the BBQ flavoured

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

It is something I should do more often. I do sometimes dust meat in Fishmeal ground bait. Put some GB in a plastic bag or bait box with the meat and shake it up and down. It seems to work. Good for Carp and Bream. May be good for Chub as well but not used it for them. I should really try flavouring baits more often.

Oh, and sometimes I dust my red maggots in fishmeal ground bait or in the good old days, turmeric on bronze maggots.

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Archie Braddock's book in paperback format is titled " Fantastic Feeder Fishing " . It's a veritable cornucopia of flavouring all sorts of bait including meat for barbel .. Well worth obtaining a copy .

JPC
Bleak

Post by JPC »

Archie also wrote "Archie Braddock's Magic Book on Bait Flavouring" which also very informative and well worth searching out.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”