It's lobworming season

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Duebel
Rainbow Trout

It's lobworming season

Post by Duebel »

Tonight was the pefect night for collecting lobworms. It had been quite warm and sunny until Thursday. Yesterday the weather changed and today it started to rain. The temperature dropped to 9° Celsius, cold enough for the worms to be slow. I just knew I had to go hunting.

Well, the lobs were out and about and rather slow as I had hoped. Never the less quite a few specimen were still faster than me. After an hour of crawling through the neighbouring park on all fours I now have got about 200 fine fat lobs in my bucket - enough for a few nights fishing for catfish.

If you don't know what to do during the closed season - go outside and hunt some lobworms!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: It's lobworming season

Post by Bobthefloat »

A worm farm is on my list of things I want to get started Martin!
A free ready supply of probably the best and most natural bait going.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Good luck with your worm farm, Terry!

I've just counted last night's haul. 240 worms of which most are really big lobworms. That was an hour very well spent.
They're now living in a very large planting pot with some wire mesh on the bottom so that they can't escape. I've filled the pot with some wire soil, grass, moss and rotting leaves and put it in a shadowy corner of the garden.
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

BobTheFloat wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 am A worm farm is on my list of things I want to get started Martin!
A free ready supply of probably the best and most natural bait going.
Good luck Terry.
Sadly lobworms can't be easily farmed but I find the best place is a local cricket pitch or sports' field on a warm damp night. You can often pick up 100s in very little time.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Thanks Nigel :Hat:

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”