Bread time

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Re: Bread time

Post by TrentFisher »

Santiago wrote:If you're really into bread as a hook bait then I highly recommend reading LA Parker 'Roach :How to Catch Them ' where he describes in depth how it was used most effectively by Thames roach anglers of the past etc.etc. By using an underwater telescope he even observed just how fish take bread, and found fresh bread to be not the best since the roach don't bite confidently, whereas with pre-soaked wet bread bites are confident and much easier to hit. Now the trick to using wet bread is in the hooking, and the information is all there in his wonderful little book. In the summertime I tried it and found it was true ; especially traditional wet flake (not what one thinks as flake, not the white, it's actually just the brown crust with all white removed).

I love roach,enjoy using bread in all its forms......and thanks to Trevor I have now ordered a second hand copy of this book to continue the enjoyment our sport offers.

-Nige.

Marc
Sea Trout

Re: Bread time

Post by Marc »

I was just looking to buy it now on eBay then wondered if I already had it, turns out I did. Lucky escape. It's now getting read. He has some interesting ideas, I just wish we had some more prolific roach waters around here so I could try them out.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”