Crucian carp in essex

This forum is for discussing crucian.
DaveM
Rudd

Re: Crucian carp in essex

Post by DaveM »

If you don't want overstocked commercials then, try one of the many Epping forest ponds, they're not prolific but they are in there!

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I have heard rumours of some nice crucians coming from The pond adjacent to Commonside road in Harlow... not the most picturesque place with the housing estate behind it tho'

follow the A414 to the M11 roundabout (Hastingwood) and take the Harlow turning.... follow the road up the dual carriageway to the petrol stations... on the right there is a filter lane, take this and turn right into Potter Street and take the first left (Commonside Road) and follow till you see the pond on the left hand side

Hope this helps :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Lots ot Crucians in Earls Path Pond in Epping forest, all quite small though, also crucians in Knighton Wood Pond. I'm wetting a line there on Monday.

Gaz

Tru-Cru

Post by Tru-Cru »

As a youngster living in and around Corringham we used to fish a pond known to us as Woods pond.
It is in Corringham behind the Bull pub.
On google maps it looks a bit of a building site now but if its close to you might be worth a recee.
We used to catch loads of cru's there.
Just had a quick look on google and its markes as Cobblers Mede Lake.

ChrispDuck

Post by ChrispDuck »

Try the Fennes fishery at Bocking just outside Braintree, a pal of mine has been targeting them this year and has had them up to 3lb 6oz all the better ones falling to bread flake.

Return to “Crucian (Carassius carassius)”