chavender

This forum is for discussing chub.
Stuart Whiting

Re: chavender

Post by Stuart Whiting »

The chub : often described as one of the most fearfulness of fish, small chub are practically suicidal, however big chub 5lb + start to become notoriously difficult in some cases,

A 6-7lb chub could possibly be in excess of 25-30 years old or so, so has obviously learnt a trick or two which is why simply luv fishing for em along side big roach of which I'm also a fanatic of :Wink:

Can be caught virtually in all conditions from heat wave to snow, sometime or other they'll feed when other fish have simply shut up shop so to speak,

I luv the traveling light aspect of it all and the easiness of being able to rove about casually and stalking all through the undergrowth etc in search of those untouched parts of the riverbank :Thumb:

I luv me touch ledgering and sight fishing and this is where yer skill comes into play as has no doubt it's happened to us all at sometime or other that one false move or especially a duff cast can just simply see those big black submarines fade away like ghosts :Beg:

A true quality river fish that is loved by many that will literally eat anything if given half a chance and is also one of the very few fish that can be caught on virtually every tactic, rig and bait in the right conditions

Happy chubbin

Stuart

Return to “Chub (Leuciscus cephalus)”