Recaptured Tench

This forum is for discussing tench.
Isis
Perch

Recaptured Tench

Post by Isis »

Have you ever caught the same fish twice? how about on the same day? how about three times in one night!
Below is a picture of a small tench from the early 1960s. It was caught in the late evening at first where it was noted that the rays of its tail fin were fused together. There was also a small lump on its mouth. Having returned it carefully I had a couple more tench then during the night it came out for a second time. Returned once again and within an hour it takes the bait for a third time. As most of the tench caught that night were about the same size I would never have known if it hadn't been so deformed. I sacked it to stop it becoming a habit!

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: Recaptured Tench

Post by Vole »

I had the same parrot-mouthed bream three times in a day on the Lea near Welwyn; in the end I felt so sorry for it, that I lobbed in a ball of groundbait for it to feed on and moved to another swim.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I had an 11lb 6oz barbel at 9PM on a Thursday then at 9PM exactly one week later caught it again at 11lb 7oz but 400 yds upstream. :shocked:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

JohnL

Post by JohnL »

I caught the same 2lb carp twice yesterday whilst trying to avoid catching carp (I was after perch with lobworm). Once on the Belmont stretch of the Wye I caught a barbel with a strange lump in its stomach which I am sure was a golf ball, I caught it again an hour later.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I'm sure I caught the same 6lb pike twice in just a few hours. It was in a tiny little hatch pool that is connected to the main river by a little channel filled with rushes. It was feeling on all the small fry that were in there. I caught 5 pike in four hours (if you count the same fish twice) in there by casting live baits on scattering fish in the shallow water. They were all under 10lb mind you, but still one of the best days fishing I've ever had.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

I caught the same Tench in the space of a week from the same pitch on a local canal. It was easy to recognise by a black scar on it's gill cover. The first time I got in bread the second time on maggots. What amazed me was that it stayed put in the same place as I would of thought in canal there is plenty of scope to move.

MrChubby

Post by MrChubby »

I've caught the same 9lb carp four times in a local lake this summer. And a few weeks ago I caught the same 5 1/2 pound chub on successive days in swims 50 yards apart in the River Eden. It seemed to like my cheese paste recipe.

Leveller
Rudd

Post by Leveller »

Seems move regular than you would imagine!
I caught a tiny pike three times on the Isis about a month ago, two captures were in two casts on the same spinner!
I caught the same chub three times in a week, different baits different swims,
And on a trip to France I caught the same sturgeon everyday for a week! Mostly different baits and different areas!
My buddy caught the same 32lb carp twice on float fished maggot

Now I recognised the fish because of bad attack marks from predators so imagine how many times it actually happens! I've never had a keep net so , in returning fish , this must happen a lot!

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”