Decent Tench Venue

This forum is for discussing tench.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Decent Tench Venue

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Im sure that there are many...But I want to find a decent Tench venue( yeah commercials as well, I dont mind them as it happens).

Now I read" Moving Shadows" blog recently and he talked about a 100 mile radius, from Coventry being the extreme catchment are for Coventry anglers of old.Actually his blog is one of many a fine blog out there :ok: But my need to engage with Tinca Tinca is so extreme that I might have to engage in a 100 mile radius to East London :wink:

Any advice/ Tips ... Ive seen a Leamington Lakes...Its a long one and Ive blanked at Bury Hill twice( for Tench)

Me cant handle another :brickwall: Tench summer and ......Im sure that one of you know where Old Red eye is lurking....Oh I live in Hackney East London.

Thanks

J.T
Catfish

Re: Decent Tench Venue

Post by J.T »

Very interested in this as I am also on the lookout for tench water. :thumb:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

J.T wrote:Very interested in this as I am also on the lookout for tench water. :thumb:
Me too. I think I have found a club gravel pit which has tench to double figures nearish to me and plan to have a go this year.
My usual estate lake was decimated by the 2007 floods tragically. :cry:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Sad to hear that Snape. :(

At least it sounds like you may have found a good alternative, hope it pans out and if you ever want some company drop me a line. :thumb:

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Have a look at Watermark fisheries, Bradley's gravel pit. I have seen double figure tench come out from there. I will be there with maggot feeder as soon as the sun comes out.

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

I'm yet another seeker after a decent tench water. I've lost count of the number of 3lb tench I've caught over the years, but my PB is stuck at 3lb 12oz - a mere tiddler by modern standards. Don't get me wrong, I love catching tench of whatever size, but I'd be really happy with a 4lb'er!

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

How about a TFF Tinca finding expedition trip sometime guys. :thumb:

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Sounds an excellent idea!

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Dear John L - Dudmaston Hall in Shropshire is interesting - it's run by the Kinver Freeliners (I used to be a committee member) - but there is a big waiting list now, so I understand. My best there was 6lb 4oz, my second - 5lb 13oz - decent, but only a fraction of the potential in the Nineties, when there were certainly doubles in the Big Pool. Big tench are hard to find these days, I think... If you don't mind travelling, there's Himley Hall near Dudley - never caught a really big one here, but they are present. Then there is the Fens Pool complex, again near Dudley, - where Joe Day used to fish in the Seventies. He took them to 7lbs. Big carp there too - but you get a lot of kids on motorbikes etc..not an ideal spot for a traditionalist... I understand that Three Counties Fisheries may run a big tench water near Hereford - but I've never fished it, so not certain... Hope this helps...

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”