2015 Tench

This forum is for discussing tench.
Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: 2015 Tench

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Kingfisher

Thanks, I still feel a bit shell shocked after catching 37. I should have packed up and gone home earlier but the 'one last cast / fish ' syndrome kicked in. I will leave it a few weeks before I go back and try to select only the bigger fish :-)

John Aston

Post by John Aston »

An early start yesterday - and white frost. Traditional tench lake- tree lied , deserted and lightly fished it seems . Hopes low as so bloody cold - so very pleased to get a 5-3 on sliding waggler lift rig. They do pull don't they...? I will admit to a scintilla of guilt about my self indulgence in fishing for tench in May though. Beats losing them in the thick weed beds of late June mind .

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

John,

A mild winter and warm spring in the South East has meant an early start for Tench, no point in waiting until June. 5-3 is a nice fish, any pics? :-)

John Aston

Post by John Aston »

I don't do pics any more; fat bloke holding fat fish has become a cliche.

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Wonderful catch of tench SS! Our moat is a lovely tench fishery as well as the crucians. We don't get numbers like that though! Biggest so far is a tad under 6lbs although the weight is not important, they are such wonderful creatures to behold in the net!

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

MIck,

I agree, they are all lovely fish, even the tiddlers. I value them highly because it was a long time before I caught a tench :-)

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I went back to the lake with a new plan . . . . be selective.

As you can see I didn't take much gear with me and the plan was very successful. I didn't catch many tench, in fact I didn't catch any ! However, it was a lovely afternoon.

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”