Strange Behaviour

This forum is for discussing tench.
Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Strange Behaviour

Post by Woodytia »

While walking home by my local reservoir yesterday evening, I saw the strange sight of a large male Tench chasing an even larger Common Carp in what I could only describe as spawning behaviour, the fish were oblivious to the group of wild water swimmers thrashing around in the water. I have witnessed Tench spawning about this time of year during previous seasons, the only role the Carp seemed to play was to munch the spawn deposited by the Tench, perhaps the female tincas are not ready to spawn and this lone male is getting his eye in.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Strange Behaviour

Post by Dave Burr »

I know people like that :tea:

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

At the ' old estate lake' I fish, a couple of days ago, a member fishing for catfish with a mackerel tail caught a tench on it :shocked: :holmes:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Julian wrote:At the ' old estate lake' I fish, a couple of days ago, a member fishing for catfish with a mackerel tail caught a tench on it :shocked: :holmes:
Right ... I'll be in the queue at Tesco's tomorrow asking for Mackerel tails !!!! :shocked:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”