How about these for river tench?

This forum is for discussing tench.
MaggotDrowner
Zander

Re: How about these for river tench?

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Me, trouble? Never. :Chuckle:

I do wonder why they haven't bitten my hand off with the offer of help though. I think perhaps they just don't check e-mails. I'll text when I sort my phone out. It went for a bit of a swim last week... :doh: :doh: :doh:

I think they still award the trophy. I saw it mentioned online a few years back anyway. I'd be up for fishing for it with cane, wooden pin and home made float just for the looks of bafflement and disbelief.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

I wouldnt bother with the text.What you have is Carp pools,with big Carp in them,i dont know the place,how big maggot?The path and the pegs are overgrown,no one goes there,and there is lots of bankside "cover",and big unfished for fish, and you want to to tell them off about it.
one of the commitee is probably deleting your emails and going fishing there..
I think you could do with reading some John Gierach :Hahaha:

i checked the match fixtures,nothing there,i will ask in the tackle shop.
I did get the match secs number off the page,just called him,he got a little annoyed about having to get out of bed at this hour,i said that i was you,.sorry.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Kevin wrote:I wouldnt bother with the text.What you have is Carp pools,with big Carp in them,i dont know the place,how big maggot?The path and the pegs are overgrown,no one goes there,and there is lots of bankside "cover",and big unfished for fish, and you want to to tell them off about it.
one of the commitee is probably deleting your emails and going fishing there..
I think you could do with reading some John Gierach :Hahaha:

i checked the match fixtures,nothing there,i will ask in the tackle shop.
I did get the match secs number off the page,just called him,he got a little annoyed about having to get out of bed at this hour,i said that i was you,.sorry.
No carp in those pools, Kevin.

http://www.northwichanglers.co.uk/dane- ... shery.html

So I'll be in trouble with the match secretary will I? Never mind. :Chuckle:

If you did want to fish them, with the weed as dense as it it (you could probably walk on it) you'd need very heavy line. Perhaps I should rake a swim or two myself.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

I called him this morning and smoothed things over for you.
The club match for the cup has folded,some of the older cups were kept by the last winners,some got passed down to juniors,some remain in storage,they have a small shop a few doors down from Scotts tackle shop.
The club sec will be there 6pm till8pm friday,he will know if they still have the cup.

If they do,
You could bring back to life his match,by simply booking a length of river, rule 1,Anglers must use period tackle,dress in period and smoke woodbines.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

If they still have it we could use it for a TFF event. I might have to drop period dress and smoking from your 1 rule though. People my age in tweeds looks ridiculous.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Bah all this talk of Tench means I will have to really make an effort, the next trip I do on the Epping Ponds will have to be to Highams Park Lake, its got loads of lilys and used to be a great Tench water.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

GazTheAngler wrote:Bah all this talk of Tench means I will have to really make an effort, the next trip I do on the Epping Ponds will have to be to Highams Park Lake, its got loads of lilys and used to be a great Tench water.
Good luck Gaz.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Maggot they still use your granddads trophy,they run a few junior opens through the summer which began last week.First match was for the Bob Hunt cup.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Kevin wrote:Maggot they still use your granddads trophy,they run a few junior opens through the summer which began last week.First match was for the Bob Hunt cup.
Oh I am pleased about that! Really pleased. :Sun:

I thought perhaps it might have been sold off. If it's old perhaps it's worth something. I don't know. I have never knowingly seen it.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”