The River gives back

This forum is for discussing rudd.
Aquaerial
Chub

The River gives back

Post by Aquaerial »

Last week was a write-off for me as despite my best laid plans our business, its clients and paying salaries had to come first.
I did manage a walk down by the river from the office on the 16th though and helped a couple of young anglers that were clearly struggling with river fishing techniques. I was walking Sparky so having set up their rods I cast in and pinged a few grubs over the floats. On my return they were beaming as they had landed a rather beautiful river Rudd.
The water quality is superb in that area of the Yare and flow minimal so why not?...it was a new one on me though as to be honest I only fish that stretch in January and then only on the tip for Bream. The combination of crystal clear water and weed looks tricky so off putting for many I guess.
Suffice to say I had to prove to myself it was not a one-off so grabbed an hour tonight and hey presto..
Rudd2 (Small).JPG
Somehow I think I will be back targeting these..I will continue to use Sussex Micky's lucky quill of course. Thank you Micky.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Gord
Crucian Carp

Re: The River gives back

Post by Gord »

thats a very nice fish,in great condition very well done
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

What a lovely looking fish and I can understand why you want to target them again in the near future. I am hooked on them, and I went to our dyke again this evening for a spot of Rudd fishing.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

A reasonable sized rudd is always a great fish to catch :Thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Talking to the 'angling' barman in the pub opposite he said that a few people try their luck for them and they average a 1lb although this one was well over of course. Rarely does anyone get more than a couple.
Although I tried for them I hedged my bets tonight as I rather fancied it for a Perch as well. I had one on the 1lb mark as well as loads of small stuff but I could kick myself as I should have had faith in what happened last week and fished punch on the drop as it was achievable...I think :Beg: given the weed etc.
There is always another time and an early night has its compensations..
Pub.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquaerial

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Nice to have such a tangible reward for helping the young'uns; well done on both counts!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Lovely fish. You can't beat fishing a River. Catching Rudd from one is even better! Well done chap.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Its years since I caught a decent rudd, I envy your opportunity to target them and reckon you should fish it hard for a while to see what the potential is.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

You are welcome to join me anytime Dave and that is open to anyone. I'll check the tides and spend a couple of days with you after these little beauties.
Local inexpensive Hotel and pub over the road..no hassle. Very social as its on the outskirts of Norwich..
Aquaerial

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

A cracking fish in anyone's book
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Return to “Rudd (Scardinius erythrophthalmus)”