A few roach

This forum is for discussing roach.
Ian
Eel

A few roach

Post by Ian »

I managed a few hours at my local quarry today and just as I thought,the roach were hungry.
Although in winter the fish seem to vanish,in summer it's a different matter.
The great thing about this quarry is it's never boring,I have to change depths and bait combinations every now and then to keep them interested otherwise it gets slow.
IMG_0786.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG
The picture above shows a tench and it's big,I'd say around 7lb.now a 7lb tench to most folk doesn't sound too amazing but I swear I've fished this quarry for 15yrs easy and I have never saw one,I never even considered them being in it.i couldn't fish my usual swim as it was so overgrown,so I had to fish another and if it wasn't for that fact I still wouldn't know they were in there.
I was really worried I would spook it if I stood up off my chair but it wasn't at all bothered by my presence and I felt so privileged to witness it so close to the bank.
this is a new era for me and this quarry but they've been in here for all those years and the thought of disturbing their peace to fish for them sort of makes me feel a tad guilty,should I just leave them be?
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: A few roach

Post by AshbyCut »

Ian wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:41 pmshould I just leave them be?
No. 'Nuff said ! :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Ian
Eel

Re: A few roach

Post by Ian »

AshbyCut wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:08 pm
Ian wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:41 pmshould I just leave them be?
No. 'Nuff said ! :Wink:
Ok ashbycut,since you say so I will try next week :surrender:
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Return to “Roach (Rutilus rutilus)”