Re: Avon Roach

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well done Moley. A great start to a Happy New Year. :Thumb:

Wal.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

ExeAngler wrote:Good one Mr Moley. Did you fish right in the City Centre? I look after one of the Salisbury NHS Clinics and it is right beside the river. Very shallow and clear it be. Never seen a fish in it yet? Not sure if it is the Avon or a trib..
I was dumped by Matron :Scared: in the centre of town and wandered about trying to find the swim my mate Pete said was worth a look. The water was coloured from the rain and one thing the Fat One always looks for when roaching is a drop off or hole. Find these and sure as eggs is eggs and God made little green apples, roach will not be too far away. :Wink:

Most experts go on about steady glides and creases.......mythology is a polite way to describe this popularised tosh. Stick with the Mole heresy and roach will miraculously appear on the end of yer line; trust me, I'm not a doctor :eyebrow:

As ever,..........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Super fish Moley, I like to get down and fish Britford between now and the close. Been speaking to a couple of mates who live down that way and the fishing has been difficult this year mainly due to low rainfall, you must have caught it just right.
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

RBTraditional wrote:Super fish Moley, I like to get down and fish Britford between now and the close. Been speaking to a couple of mates who live down that way and the fishing has been difficult this year mainly due to low rainfall, you must have caught it just right.
Not fished Britford since the summer RB....... and won't until spies tell me the flow has reached sufficient levels for the Town Roach to drop down into the new river, where a Fat Mole will be waiting for them :Hat:

I was fishing the Salisbury Club waters right in the town, it was raining quite hard and had coloured the water a little; enough for the roach to come on the feed just as I was packing up!

If Matron :Scared: had not been picking me up I would have stayed just a little longer but not too long, as night time on town stretches seems to attract the local drunks and weird, tormented souls :Confused:

This is not conducive to relaxing fishing............ :club:

Back on the Test in the coming weeks, with hopefully a few more 2lb'ers coming to see me :Thumb:

As ever,.......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Moley wrote:
RBTraditional wrote:Super fish Moley, I like to get down and fish Britford between now and the close. Been speaking to a couple of mates who live down that way and the fishing has been difficult this year mainly due to low rainfall, you must have caught it just right.
Not fished Britford since the summer RB....... and won't until spies tell me the flow has reached sufficient levels for the Town Roach to drop down into the new river, where a Fat Mole will be waiting for them :Hat:

I was fishing the Salisbury Club waters right in the town, it was raining quite hard and had coloured the water a little; enough for the roach to come on the feed just as I was packing up!

If Matron :Scared: had not been picking me up I would have stayed just a little longer but not too long, as night time on town stretches seems to attract the local drunks and weird, tormented souls :Confused:

This is not conducive to relaxing fishing............ :club:

Back on the Test in the coming weeks, with hopefully a few more 2lb'ers coming to see me :Thumb:

As ever,.......

Moley
I should think you find a different class of tormented soul on the Test?

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Tweed wrote:I should think you find a different class of tormented soul on the Test?
In the warmer months you would be correct in your analysis but in Winter near the Towns and villages.......oh boy :Scared:

Water seems to attract them all :Confused:

As ever,...........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Couple of lovely roach,really vibrant red eyes on them,especially the bottom one.well done
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Return to “Roach (Rutilus rutilus)”