Loch lomond

This forum is for discussing roach.
George387
Crucian Carp

Re: Loch lomond

Post by George387 »

The full national park is now No rough camping because of the idiots, it's not just lomond but many other lochs too that are in crap state in the park so last year there was a total ban introduced.
Brown Trout maybe Beautiful But Grayling are Gorgeous. "Lets Tackle Cancer" Supporter
The Flee & Float

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Yes that's right,the £7 permit and no camping is a good thing.fished the Leven plenty of times in the summer,like George says,the place is packing with them.you dont have to fish the river though,the whole of the south from balmaha right round to stpeters bay is packed with roach in the summer.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

off to the endrick on Sunday to see if the roach have arrived yet,should be ok,the temperature has risen to 27 this week.hopefully I might take a walk and get some pics of the river and who knows,a few fish.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Ian wrote:off to the endrick on Sunday to see if the roach have arrived yet,should be ok,the temperature has risen to 27 this week.hopefully I might take a walk and get some pics of the river and who knows,a few fish.
Beware on your travels Ian. Those red haired, burnt faced creatures kneeling, half blind and arms stretched skyward are the locals new to such temperatures. Be kind to them, they are confused and frightened. You may find bartering with ice cream and after-sun (unavailable in Scotland) will more than pay your way. :Chuckle:

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Dave Burr wrote:
Ian wrote:off to the endrick on Sunday to see if the roach have arrived yet,should be ok,the temperature has risen to 27 this week.hopefully I might take a walk and get some pics of the river and who knows,a few fish.
Beware on your travels Ian. Those red haired, burnt faced creatures kneeling, half blind and arms stretched skyward are the locals new to such temperatures. Be kind to them, they are confused and frightened. You may find bartering with ice cream and after-sun (unavailable in Scotland) will more than pay your way. :Chuckle:
Your right Dave.im a felt roofer to trade and I have to finish at 12 just now,too hot,if I lose anymore weight due to sweating the Mrs might report me missing.not to worry,it's to cool down to 11 degrees come Sunday so back to what I'm used to,phew.luckily We don't burn up here,we just turn a lighter shade of blue.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Ian wrote:
Dave Burr wrote:
Your right Dave.im a felt roofer to trade and I have to finish at 12 just now,too hot,if I lose anymore weight due to sweating the Mrs might report me missing.not to worry,it's to cool down to 11 degrees come Sunday so back to what I'm used to,phew.luckily We don't burn up here,we just turn a lighter shade of blue.
:laugh1:

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Never got to the endrick on Sunday,done my back in at work on Thursday.i ended up going to Springbank quarry yesterday and it fished great from 9am til 1pm for the roach then it went totally dead.the males were covered in their turbicals(forgive the spelling)maybe someone can provide the correct me.there was a wispy cloud in the water near the surface all day,then it dissipated later on.dont know if that's anything to do with spawning but the roach were darting about it all day.incidentally the perch were spawning too.good to see they are on time for a change,if anything the perch are a bit late but it was snowing 2wks ago.no big roach,6oz or so

Return to “Roach (Rutilus rutilus)”