My Favourite Fish

This forum is for discussing perch.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: My Favourite Fish

Post by Snape »

Awesome Bob.
Given the tolerance on the scales you may have had three 4lbers!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

BobH

Post by BobH »

Snape,

No, the Salter Samson Digitals are spot on (and costly) and weighin 1/2ozs segments, plus I had them tested every year.

Up until last Friday I was the Osprey Specimen Group Records Officier, I have just stood down (Ticker Problem) but the person taking over the job, like me has the same sets of scales.

Because I took the job seriously I had the Ruben and the Samsons tested every year.

There certainly are a number of Lea Perch weighed on what I call " Elastic Scales ", some of which appeared in the weeklies at well over their true weight.

I know this for a fact, because we (a group of Osprey Members) caught those fish at well under the publised weights ?

To my mind that is cheating yourself.

So my fish are accurate and witnessed !!

I caught this Perch a number of times, as did my Osprey mates, at it's highest weigh it was 3lbs 9ozs, but it appeared a number of times at over 4lbs in the comic's.

That's a real shame in my opinion, as it was a real old warrior and a great Perch regardless of it's actual weight ?

Bob

Leveller
Rudd

Post by Leveller »

I've never seen anything like it! Stunning fish bob, what did you use as bait, a whole cat?
Can't get over them monsters.
I've been perch fishing over the last two days, the colours of the fish are really bright, lovely fish!
If I could catch one half the size of yours I would be very happy!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

yes i agree with you bob they are one of the nicest fish going and your pictures are great

Return to “Perch (Perca fluviatilis)”