Very lucky Perch

This forum is for discussing perch.
JimmyR
Perch

Very lucky Perch

Post by JimmyR »

Just like to share this story about a perch and a roach.
I was fishing a commercial around five years ago and noticed a roach in the water dead with its tail sticking out of the water, i bent down to pick it out, pulled it up by the tail and there was a perch on the other end.
The roach was half way wedged inside the perch, (much bigger than its captor) the poor old perch was white, nearly dead, well thought it was at first, then it moved slightly so i decided to try to pull the roach out, it was stuck fast, but i persisted and eventually it came out.The perches mouth was stuck wide open but still just alive, so i put it in my landing net and observed it for the rest of the day.
When i decided to look at the end of the session, i could see the color returning, and by the time i had packed away it was swimming about in the net as brightly colored as could be.
The end to a perfect day.

Jim
The brotherhood of the angle.

Aquaerial
Chub

Re: Very lucky Perch

Post by Aquaerial »

That's a first for me Jimmy I have seen Pike like that but never Perch. Great outcome and a sound lesson to all of us as we approach the festive season :cheers:
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Great tale Jimmy. :Thumb:

I once caught a small trout with a gudgeon wedged in its throat. Half of the gudgeon was well on the way to being digested but the tail was still proud of its lips yet even so, it grabbed my fly in the current. Greedy little so and so's fish, makes you wonder how we ever fail to catch them. :Happy:

JimmyR
Perch

Post by JimmyR »

The presentation must have been nothing less than perfect, that Perch now carries a vernier at meal times.
The brotherhood of the angle.

Return to “Perch (Perca fluviatilis)”