River Thet Perch

This forum is for discussing perch.
Aquaerial
Chub

River Thet Perch

Post by Aquaerial »

'You have an hour' was the directive from the War Ministry as she saw my old Trilby being removed from the curtain pole by the door. A bit mean I thought having attended to Honeydo's all morning but apparently No.2 (of 4) daughter was turning up later with boyfriend in tow to demolish a piece of Sirloin I was rather looking forward to eating cold in sandwiches next week after the roast today.
It had to be Perch and by the old boat was favourite then I thought...
Sparky (Small).JPG
Here she is with my JR Sparky looking like he owns it...quite a nice spot though for splash and dash wouldn't you say? I've mentioned before that the river is just coming back from pollution, Otters and floods but I was hopeful of a Sergeant even though he might not be more than a few ounces.
Lo and behold the bobber bobbed and then disappeared in the sheer water and after a little squabble this splendid fish graced my net and made it an hour well spent...and the boyfriend almost tolerable (non-fisher :Thumbsdown:: )
Thet Perch (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Robbi
Tench

Re: River Thet Perch

Post by Robbi »

'You have an hour' was the directive from the War Ministry as she saw my old Trilby being removed from the curtain pole by the door. A bit mean I thought having attended to Honeydo's all morning but apparently No.2 (of 4) daughter was turning up later with boyfriend in tow to demolish a piece of Sirloin I was rather looking forward to eating cold in sandwiches next week after the roast today.

That has to be one of the best, honest, and most true paragraphs I've ever read !

Superb !

That was me today but without the hour !

Fair play to you Sir, and a cracking stripey :)

Sparky looks a bundle of mischief as well, I love JRT's, small dogs with big hearts :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

I agree with Robbi that is a quality post Aquaerial and I also used to have a JRT called Sparky.
I don't think you see as many as you used to but there is a lot of dog in a JRT

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Lovely post and pictures..........a JRT is such a terrific companion, one of my mates has one, great character who goes by the name of Sid, loves going fishing, loves the pub afterwards even more!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Excellent post :Hat:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Still smiling ... thanks for sharing !
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

RBTraditional wrote:Lovely post and pictures..........a JRT is such a terrific companion, one of my mates has one, great character who goes by the name of Sid, loves going fishing, loves the pub afterwards even more!
Thank you all for your kind words which I will pass on to Captain Sparks. He fully understands English and body language as well as the joyful sight of a nodding rod tip or tightening line to which he gives a little advisory growl. A total delight to be around unless you are a) A cat b) Small and furry or C) A Border Terrorist in which case he demonstrates why he remains senior lecturer at the Edward Hyde University of Evil. All easily managed really he is very much a part of our family and his love of people is without bounds.
Aquaerial

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

Aquaerial wrote:
RBTraditional wrote:Lovely post and pictures..........a JRT is such a terrific companion, one of my mates has one, great character who goes by the name of Sid, loves going fishing, loves the pub afterwards even more!
Thank you all for your kind words which I will pass on to Captain Sparks. He fully understands English and body language as well as the joyful sight of a nodding rod tip or tightening line to which he gives a little advisory growl. A total delight to be around unless you are a) A cat b) Small and furry or C) A Border Terrorist in which case he demonstrates why he remains senior lecturer at the Edward Hyde University of Evil. All easily managed really he is very much a part of our family and his love of people is without bounds.

Captain Sparks,is similar to my Parsons Jack Russell ! I enjoyed your write up and photograghs,I am hoping for a perch on Sunday as my fishing trips have suffered over recent weeks due to helping repair a house of horrors for my wife's daughter,and if my result is as good as yours I will be a very happy fisherboy as I close my eyes and dream monster perch once again on Sunday night.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear sir,I am interested in fishing the Thet as it was reconned to have some good Dace in the winter.Could you point me in the right area if you know the river well.Reelmaker

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Hello RM...3 years ago I could have helped you onto Dace of up to a lb and Chub over 6 but the river has suffered with pollution, otters and floods since that time. The accessible parts of the river are only just showing signs of recovery with Perch, Roach and Pike showing. I'm yet to rediscover the Dace in the areas that I know on this river but The Little Ouse around Santon Downham is still good for Dace so if you are in the area that would be a good place to run a stick through. For three years I've seen dead grubs placed in the margin last a week so its making progress as a river but not back to its history yet although I haven't fished it all of course.
I hope that helps..
Aquaerial

Return to “Perch (Perca fluviatilis)”