Autumn Perch method

This forum is for discussing perch.
Aquaerial
Chub

Autumn Perch method

Post by Aquaerial »

Having used these US hooks last year I have managed to get hold of some more and have just listed them on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1399073506
If members want a set just pm me and I'll do them for £30 delivered.
Superb hooks that work really well with a pin and a flop stick like my old Kennet Perfection which shows bite indications perfectly. The centre pin is ideal as the retrieve should be very slow.
The best bit is that every fish gets lip hooked and by crushing the barbs the hooks are easily removed.
VMC Spinshot-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Snape
Bailiff

Re: Autumn Perch method

Post by Snape »

I saw Des Taylor demonstrating using these at the Perch fishers' AGM. Very impressive hooks.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

These hooks were used to catch me at least eight 3lb plus perch last season. Highly recommended.
Last edited by Bob Brookes on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

I'm glad others have had similar experience...a lot of people use lures etc but I just use lobs as you get the scent as well. You just have to be careful and use a wire up-trace if lots of Jacks around but apart from that they are simple and effective with cane and pin...how I like my fishing.
Aquaerial

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

excuse my lack of knowledge but are you rigging them like you would the drop shot method

regards

bjp :Hat:

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

I get mine from these chaps, at the bottom of the page £3.99...... :Thumb:

http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/hoo ... =2&sort=5a

They are indeed cracking hooks, very effective :Thumb:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Bjp wrote:excuse my lack of knowledge but are you rigging them like you would the drop shot method

regards

bjp :Hat:
That was how Des Taylor did it and then put a dendro worm on and retrieved it extremely slowly whilst twitching.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Michael wrote:I get mine from these chaps, at the bottom of the page £3.99...... :Thumb:

http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/hoo ... =2&sort=5a

They are indeed cracking hooks, very effective :Thumb:
Like Bjp bit of a novice here on this, if I were chasing say 2 ib Perch with Lobs what size hook would I need ?
Best Fishes
Mushy

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Big arguments about small or large hooks! A lob on a size 10 and the hook is lost - on a 4 you can strike instantly the float goes.

I always remember being told that the perch's heart is just behind/under the back of the tongue.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

All of these hooks will take a 2lb perch Mister Mush. Its more about the bait/lure than the quarry hence I listed a package of various sizes so you can choose. Des did the PAC conference last year as well and you could not get the more popular sizes of hook for love nor money in the UK. I just grabbed some when I was over there to share about as above anything else they stop deep hooking Perch which is a regret I'm sure we all suffer with.
Aquaerial

Return to “Perch (Perca fluviatilis)”