river clyde

This forum is for discussing pike.
Ian
Eel

river clyde

Post by Ian »

WP_20161127_001.jpg
Went to try my luck in this bit of the clyde.sun was out but the fish stayed indoors.i suppose with temps down to -7 on friday and 0 on saturday,coupled with very low water,i was going to struggle.never mind,theres alway next week and with a swim like this,how can i resist.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Re: river clyde

Post by Penninelad »

Its that the flooded quarry near Lamington? I used to fish on the Clyde in that area once or twice year when I was hunting in the area and caught some lovely trout and grayling. I even went to the effort of buying a book on Clyde style flies and tying a few. Always intended to have a go for the pike but never got round to it.
Mark Davies

Ian
Eel

Re: river clyde

Post by Ian »

This area of the clyde you are talking about peninelad is barries quarry at lamington.ive never fished that myself but i mind years ago of an 11lb brownie being caught from the quarry.i was pike fishing a bit downstream in motherwell.this was a pond that the river broke through called the sausage pond.had a few pike from it over the years,mostly small jacks but the odd big double up to over 20lbs.when the river goes into a big spate its the perfect bit for the fish to shelter from the flow.all we need is a bit of rain,which has been a rarity all year and still looks far off yet.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Return to “Pike (Esox lucius)”