River thurne

This forum is for discussing barbel.
Pepsi

River thurne

Post by Pepsi »

Hi all I am going on my yearly sabbatical to norfolk,and my question is are there any barbel in the river thurne,it's renowned for very big pike ,any info on this would be greatly appreciated :Thumb:

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: River thurne

Post by Santiago »

Good luck Pepsi on your barbel quest. I know nothin' about the Thurne or would advise! Let us know how you get on. I'm off for Thames barbel this Friday/Saturday. I've only been fishing for them twice this year and only managed a 2lber!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

Sorry no barbel in the Thurne. I live less than 1/2 mile from it and fish it often. Mainly roach and bream with a few perch getting about now. Some of the perch run to 2lb plus but finding them is a bit hit and miss. If you need any more info just PM me and I'll help if I can. :Thumb:
To enjoy our sport as it should be enjoyed, our surroundings must be beautiful, for your true angler enjoys nature as much as he enjoys fishing. "BB"

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Not too many barbel left in the whole of Norfolk since the rotters got let loose, sadly.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Quite - though there are a few Norfolk barbel still to be had from the Wensum. If you're fishing the Thurne you've really got to give the pike a go - they can be pretty hooge (as we say in these parts) from there!

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I did a two day guided trip to the Thurne about 15 years ago, bloody cold but great Piking.

Gaz

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Thanks everyone for replies,will target pike,and hopefully a big bream or two,bigfish let us know how you get on,will put something on here Monday and let you all know how we got on,any bream tactics would be appreicated thank you :Thumb:

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Well we are now back from lovely norfolk ,and what a trip,tomzy was rewarded with a 22 lb pike sat morning after we were bitten off twice while retrieving roach,so we woke him up and put adeadbait rod out and in 2 mins he had a take and a new pb pike!,Conor had two pbs roach to a pound and a half and also his first eel,me micheal and Darren all caught lots and lots of fish bream skimmers perch and lots of fin perfect roach,no wonder the pike get so big!!!!!!

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Well done Pepsi! Well I caught nowt' but nevertheless had a pleasent afternoon on my punt.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Excellent bigfish,tell me do you think around sonning is not fishing as well as it was say last year?

Return to “Barbel (Barbus barbus)”