Trent barbel

This forum is for discussing barbel.
Hermit
Rudd

Re: Trent barbel

Post by Hermit »

If Bob Brookes hasn't done it I tend to think it can't be done.. :tea:
Fishing is worth no more than its pleasure. Bernard Venables.

Gary Wright
Bleak

Re: Trent barbel

Post by Gary Wright »

I would think the report was definitely true ,I used to be a member of Collingham AA , The swim in Question is 15 Minutes from my house and during my 8 years of membership I never once fished it due to pressure from day ticket anglers queuing up in Bivvies until it became vacant, The Swim itself is quite a frightening sight due to the size noise and ferocity of the weir and turbulent waters which have claimed many lives over the years including 10 soldiers on night manoeuvres and anglers foolishly trying to fish from a boat for Pike And Zander. From a fishing point of view it is an absolute aquarium stuffed full of Bream, Barbel and Carp of specimen proportions. The only skill required is knowing in which direction to cast because without this knowledge the whole swim can seem devoid of fish , A good example of this being a well known angler taking part in The Division 1 National championship,Being unfamiliar with the swim he sat for 90 minutes without a bite until a friendly local suggested he redirected his cast to a totally different area from which he went on to land 176lb of Bream,Barbel and Carp in 3.5 hours which at the time was a River Record weight. :Hat:

Return to “Barbel (Barbus barbus)”