Centrepin advice

This forum is for discussing barbel.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: Centrepin advice

Post by Reedling »

If you are going to cast any distance with this reel and will try a wallis type cast you will not want a caged reel like the Rapidex. The Trudex has a removable line guard so with a little forthought before you tackle up you can have the best of both worlds. I have been using a Speedia quite a bit of late and I like it a lot, but no line guard. I have a TFG classic reel with a removable line guard, a good cheap alternative to try if you wish, a breath of wind will start the spool moving so will fulfil your trotting needs for sure and tough as old boots. Personally, for a traditional reel which would seem to suit your needs a Trudex is what I would consider...will not break the bank either if you find you do not like using a pin. :Hat: Reedling.

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

I'll add my vote to the Trudex/ Rapidex camp: with Reedling's advice on casting being a good distinction between the 2!

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear sir,I think I have seen the Greys Bewick centre pin on the Chapmans Angling Centre ,in the Anglersmail last week for £99-00,a good new reel at a good half price.Reelmaker.

Return to “Barbel (Barbus barbus)”