Angling Times no 1

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: Angling Times no 1

Post by Bobthefloat »

Shropshire Lad wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:54 am looks like the repro they did a few years back I still have my copy.
Oh dear that is a shame he's convinced he had an original :Hide:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Phil Arnott wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:04 am I have a reproduced version. It has "40th birthday souvenir edition" printed at the top of each page.
:wave: does it have anything on the front cover to identify Phil?

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I have one and it has no mention of being a reproduction so apart from the condition it is hard to tell it's not original but the giveaway is the coloured dots along the top on the back page and on the top and bottom of other pages.

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

It was quite late last night and we was engrossed in conversation so I didn't really pick up on any details I'll have a closer look next time I pop round

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

Snape wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:09 am I have one and it has no mention of being a reproduction so apart from the condition it is hard to tell it's not original but the giveaway is the coloured dots along the top on the back page and on the top and bottom of other pages.

It looks like they might have reproduced it more than once then. No coloured dots on my version.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Phil Arnott wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:24 am It looks like they might have reproduced it more than once then. No coloured dots on my version.

Yes. My one was produced quite recently. I would think in the last 5 years or so. I can't recall what it came with.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

I wonder why it does not have a useless plastic disgorger or a broken float sellotaped to the front page?

And it appears to contain news and information about angling. Very strange.
:Wink:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Banksy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am I wonder why it does not have a useless plastic disgorger or a broken float sellotaped to the front page?

And not a 50lb fat carp anywhere in sight!

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

I sold an original copy of the Angling Times No.1 signed by Bernard Venables and Richard Walker a few years ago at Redditch. I have regretted it ever since.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Snape wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 am
Banksy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am I wonder why it does not have a useless plastic disgorger or a broken float sellotaped to the front page?

And not a 50lb fat carp anywhere in sight!
:laugh1:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”