books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
NiceRoach
Eel

books

Post by NiceRoach »

Library is a bit bare don't have many books to start with just some well known ones, so I'm looking for vintage or old books
that won't cost the earth or are special editions, or rare, boosting the price.

If anyone can suggest 'Title's I'll do the rest, prefer roach or general coarse fishing titles.

Kind regards :tea:
niceroach

Walkerburt
Roach

Re: books

Post by Walkerburt »

I’ve been there, it’s possible to set off in several different directions at once - my advice would be to pick an author/species/geographical area/style of fishing/tackle etc and collect in that particular theme.

It’s one of life’s enduring mysteries to sit looking at a shelf of totally unconnected books, and wonder how the hell did I do that?
The Watcher by the Bridge

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi Would be reader! Just to throw my cap in the ring. Look on you know what site and find the adds for DVD s -compilations of the classic and famous angling authors the list is huge or purchase is very moderate. Spoilt for choice , I find reading in this format very taxing but points one in the right direction of what inspires . Good Luck Tony

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi Would be reader! Just to throw my cap in the ring. Look on you know what site and find the adds for DVD s -compilations of the classic and famous angling authors the list is huge or purchase is very moderate. Spoilt for choice , I find reading in this format very taxing but points one in the right direction of what inspires . Good Luck Tony

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I can thoroughly recommend "Successful Coarse Fishing" by Wilfred Gavin Brown

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

You can't beat the How To Catch series of little books. One for each species ,written by experts of the day, using traditional methods.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Look at Abe Books or Coch y Bonddu - so many angling fishing ones!

Some very valuable - many not.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Santiago wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:59 pm You can't beat the How To Catch series of little books. One for each species ,written by experts of the day, using traditional methods.
I wrote that earlier and did not post as a knock at the door pulled me away.. I second Santiago's choice , they are a favourite read along with my old Bygone Kent monthly mags. :Thumb:

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

An ex-library version of David Carl Forbes' Successful Roach Fishing on Amazon at £8, better version a lot more. Books by Faddist including Roach fishing worth looking out for as you may find a cheap copy as is This Fishing by Capt. Parker.

Many roach books ancient and modern are both collectible and expensive.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I have a huge box of duplicates that are stored. I keep meaning to have a stall at Redditch it Romsey but not quite getting around to it.

From memory there are Tony Miles, John Bailey and other authors. Plus some older books.

They don’t carry great value secondhand nowadays - if you are interested and could collect in Essex (or rendezvous) I could photograph them so you can get an idea, and discuss an arrangement, if you wanted to purchase some/them.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”