Really good value books at Coch-y-Bonddu

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Really good value books at Coch-y-Bonddu

Post by Tengisgol »

I think I said this last year but, once again, some real bargains in their 2019 booklet, some examples:

The Lost Diary - Chris Yates - £5.95
How to Fish - Chris Yates HBK - £5.95
Silver Spirit - Tom O'Reilly - £4.95
Water Colours - Maurice Pledger - £5.95
Lost In a Quiet World - Paul Cook - £9.95

...just some examples but great bargains and a lot more too.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

NorfolkTinca
Dace

Re: Really good value books at Coch-y-Bonddu

Post by NorfolkTinca »

I got a leaflet from them the other day, sent to my parent's address, where I haven't lived for well over 20 years! I find the unsolicited mail rather annoying, but they do sell some good books cheap.
My biggest fish is not necessarily my best

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

NorfolkTinca wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:33 pm I got a leaflet from them the other day, sent to my parent's address, where I haven't lived for well over 20 years! I find the unsolicited mail rather annoying, but they do sell some good books cheap.

My wife and my Mother-in-Law both get the annual CYB booklet, plus Medlar and Merlin Unwin, but because they always ask me what I want for Xmas and they then go off and buy them :tea: well trained I say!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

Paul Morgan is one of the good guys - when he eventually publishes the bibliography he’s writing, he’ll be doing collectors everywhere a real service.

Happy New Year, one and all, it’s surely got to be better than this god-forsaken one.

Kind Regards
Phil
The Watcher by the Bridge

Greenwells Glory
Minnow

Post by Greenwells Glory »

Walkerburt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:30 pm Paul Morgan is one of the good guys - when he eventually publishes the bibliography he’s writing, he’ll be doing collectors everywhere a real service.

Happy New Year, one and all, it’s surely got to be better than this god-forsaken one.

Kind Regards
Phil
That sounds interesting Phil, can you tell us more about what it covers?

Thanks

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

To be honest, I really can’t yet, he’s very patiently putting together the data, but I’m not really sure just how near to completion the book is - the one thing about Paul is that he’s not frightened of publishing large tomes, as his publication of two books about the Salmon Flies of Hardys and the sister volume about Farlows are huge.
You can bet that the book will be the go-to edition for the British collector.
Kind Regards
Phil.
The Watcher by the Bridge

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

He's a great guy very professional he also did the Taxidermy book.

I think the bibliography is a follow on to the Hamptons Bibliography 1881 - 1949 that Paul wrote with Ken Callahan in 2008.

Greenwells Glory
Minnow

Post by Greenwells Glory »

Many thanks Walkerburt, and I fully understand your guarded reply. He should be applauded for providing what become standard reference works of the subject. Certainly produces books of high quality and you can tell they're done with loving care.

StefanDuma, that would be a mammoth task, especially if it goes up to the present time. It's certainly a gap that needs plugging. I thought the Medlar Press dust-cover was pretty bland though but the information contained is indispensable.

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

Walkerburt wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:18 pm To be honest, I really can’t yet, he’s very patiently putting together the data, but I’m not really sure just how near to completion the book is - the one thing about Paul is that he’s not frightened of publishing large tomes, as his publication of two books about the Salmon Flies of Hardys and the sister volume about Farlows are huge.
You can bet that the book will be the go-to edition for the British collector.
Kind Regards
Phil.
A big problem is that a book such as this is never really finished. As you probably know already, Paul finds new information and makes many additions and amendments to the manuscript every single day. Sooner or later he'll have to bite the bullet and send it to the printer. And no doubt the next day he'll find something that he'll wish had made it into the final proof!

For anyone with an interest, you'll find a couple of extracts of the bibliography on the "Paul's Diary" section of his website.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I'd hoped you would see this and add your input Luke :Hat:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”