Richard Walker Centenary Celebration

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Richard Walker Centenary Celebration

Post by Mark »

Taken from Wayne Cryer's Facebook page.

Coming soon from The Little Egret Press!

On May 29th 2018, twelve like minded anglers gathered at Redmire Pool to celebrate the exact centenary of the birth of Dick Walker. This little book tells the story of the day and features contributions from most who attended including: Chris Ball, Roger Bowskill, Charles Kirkham, Bob Jones, Tony Meers, Bob Rolph, Chris Sandford, Wayne Cryer, Dave Leach and Mark Walsingham, who writes in detail about the restoration of Redmire.

Only 285 copies are being printed, further details to follow in a week or two...

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Richard Walker Centenary Celebration

Post by Pallenpool »

Look forward to this Mark - I will keep my eyes and ears open.
PP
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

What a great idea and tribute to the man who gave us so much, both during the war and the following years.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Taken from Wayne Cryer's Facebook page.

Here is the full dust jacket for the upcoming Richard Walker Centenary Celebration book to be published by The Little Egret Press. The amazing artwork is by my good friend Robin Woolnough.

This hardback book is limited to only 285 copies and will be priced at £18.95 and available to pre-order shortly at www.l-e-p.com.
No Special Editions or full Leather Editions are being printed but I am considering a very special Quarter Leather bound Edition of only 10 numbered copies including a matching slipcase if there is sufficient interest. These will be bound by Ludlow bookbinders and will be £95 each.

Please message me to register your interest in a Quarter Leather copy.

Mark (Administrator)

where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

They are now ready to order from the LEP website.

http://www.littleegretpress.com/index.p ... ook&id=247
Mark (Administrator)

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Many thanks Mark; successfully ordered and a small space already created in the library in anticipation !

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Thanks Mark,

In a burst of kindness I have just ordered a copy so should any family members forget my upcoming birthday there will be a gift on hand to prevent any embarrassment. :Scared:

Sometimes I surprise myself by my sincere thoughtfulness :Chuckle: :Chuckle:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

My copy came today, what a lovely book this is and the art work is unbelievable.

Mark (Administrator)

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Ditto, got mine now.

I’ve just flicked through it prior to settling down in front of the fire on a quiet evening. It looks like a fascinating read.

Skeff’s photo’sin the last chapter are fascinating.

:Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Mine was awaiting my return from overseas and, here it is; complete with a rather "beaten up" original Chris Yates' float just to show that carp fishing needn't require all the latest gear although this particular "float" is now more likely to be called a "sink" ...... fantastic little book. Grateful to Mark for the advance information on the publication from LEP:

TFF.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”