What do you use as a bookmark?

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Joshluke
Dace

What do you use as a bookmark?

Post by Joshluke »

I'm currently using a free card bookmark advertising a new Carp fishing book which I received when I purchased BB's confessions of a Carp fisher.
I wouldn't mind purchasing a better, well made bookmark but wouldn't know what I want.
What do you use?
Fishing is not just a sport, it's a way of life. It's an escape from reality, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It's just you, a river, and an old Willow tree hidden away from everything.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: What do you use as a bookmark?

Post by Olly »

A silver fish.

I have found a silver salmon one on th'bay - £20+.
Last edited by Olly on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi Joshluke, A series question deserves a considered reply. I have used scrapes of paper to commercial bookmarks but without any doubt the best is very narrow ribbon like you find in diarys.Understated but classy and will not in any way damage the pages . Go to any needlework shop or on line, of ten sold as old stock/short ends etc. Even full price a meter will make a few. Regards Tony

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Tonkin Wand wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:53 pm Hi Joshluke, A series question deserves a considered reply. I have used scrapes of paper to commercial bookmarks but without any doubt the best is very narrow ribbon like you find in diarys.Understated but classy and will not in any way damage the pages . Go to any needlework shop or on line, of ten sold as old stock/short ends etc. Even full price a meter will make a few. Regards Tony
what a good idea Tony! I currently use a bookmark that came with a purchase from "river reads" .

Joshluke
Dace

Post by Joshluke »

That's a brilliant idea Tony, I can't believe I never thought about that. I have a few books with built in ribbon as a bookmark and always got in with them.
Thank you,
Josh
Fishing is not just a sport, it's a way of life. It's an escape from reality, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It's just you, a river, and an old Willow tree hidden away from everything.

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Sorry to resurrect this but a just found it and glanced over at my copy of Woldale that I am re re reading and it has one of Nobby's business cards sticking out of the top of it.

Maybe it's not conventional but it made me giggle so I thought it was worth sharing with you all

I'm sure Nobby will approve :Chuckle:

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

i have a D,s Tyres business card sticking out of Blood Knots that I'm reading for the 4th time :)

( just stuck winter A/T tyres on my Tonka toy, don't know why, we get very little snow :Cry: )
Last edited by Robbi on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

A freebee that came with an order from Medlar Press
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Old £5 Note