Fly fishing rivers & Richard Walkers trout fishing.

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Marc
Sea Trout

Fly fishing rivers & Richard Walkers trout fishing.

Post by Marc »

Two books I’ve very recently acquired and finished; first being in the ‘How to fish’ series ‘River fly fishing’. Like many on here I love these little books. They fit nicely in a pocket if you’re out and about or at the river and they contain information that is relevant and provided by some famous anglers of yesteryear. This one was written by L. Baverstock and was a very interesting read.

Second was Richard Walkers, Trout fishing on rivers and stillwaters. As with all of walkers books it gets you thinking and questioning methods and practices that you thought were gospel in the Angling world; and again, as with his other books, it’s going to take more than one read to actually fully understand fully what he’s trying to explain. Not because he’s a poor communicator, but because he’s provides technical and thought provoking information on every page. It’s heavy towards stillwaters and reservoir fishing, which I’m not into, but it is extremely good. There is a random bit about fly fishing for cats; but who am I to question the great mans methods. :Hahaha:

Both well worth owning; even if you’re just a bibliophile like i am. :Hat:
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”