Royalty Days by Bob Buteux

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Len Arbery
Silver Bream

Re: Royalty Days by Bob Buteux

Post by Len Arbery »

Hello All,

For those sufficiently interested, the 'Official' launch of Bob Buteux's new book 'Royalty Days' is this coming Saturday, 13th January 2018. The event is free to all & scheduled to begin at 12-midday, right on the banks of the Royalty Fishery itself, in Christchurch.

From what I gather, this will prove a very popular and well-attended event, including, of course, the man himself, Bob Buteux. So, a good chance to get him to sign your copy.

Hope to see some of you there.

Regards, Len.

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Great read, I look back with fondest to the old days getting cold and wet on two wheels, wearing a checked cap, fly jacket and boots, numbed hands but I wouldn't have changed it for anything. The B&W pics are iconic not to be missed, well done Bob on a wonderful read and taking me back in time. "Wonderful"

Stef
Rudd

Post by Stef »

I am very happy that I got my copy today alongside with a reprint of "Fishing with the Famous", can't wait to read it!

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

I have now finished the book Royalty Days, certainly a great read that took me back in time when we described some of those big names of the past as Mr Bill Warren, Mr Sonny Warren, Mr Bob Buteux, and a handful of others ,who we discussed in reverend tones. These people were the ones who made us want to go out and catch bigger than average fish, often know as Specimen Hunters, I fully recommend this book to fellow TFF members

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

I've been reading it and particularly enjoyed reading Pete Cranstoun's contribution.

I do wish, however, that Little Egret would employ a decent editor and proof reader, and sort out a 'house' style. Parts of the book (Len's contribution was fine) need a lot of work. And someone tell LEP that you clamber over a stile not a style!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i noticed that they have done just that it does spoil my enjoyment but they are rectifying it

Redmire
Stickleback

Post by Redmire »

Bob Buteux's book "Royalty Days" was given to me this Christmas. I could not believe that the book actually trod the steps I had taken in my youth. Almost every page I can relate something to. The names of the Warren brothers, who I had spoken to on most visits to The Royalty, brings back interesting conversations. However I cannot remember actually speaking to Mr Buteux, maybe I did, who knows.
Thank you so much for your book of happy memories.
Redmire

Marks7
Bleak

Post by Marks7 »

I also had this book for Christmas and I read it every moment I could escape the festive madness. It’s a great read even for someone like me who has never fished the Royalty.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”