The Last Tench of Summer

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Jardine
Perch

Re: The Last Tench of Summer

Post by Jardine »

A lovely film with beautiful cinematography, it really captures the true essence of fishing. Congratulations to all.
Best regards
Mem

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Enjoyed that very much :Hat: It looks a lovely place.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Thanks all - feel bad taking the credit myself, but Nick's gone feral this week, and Garrett is up to his neck in getting Issue 11 out.

So I'll bask in it myself...!

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 am Nice video for sure. When will the next Fallon'smagazine arrive? ... always a good read
Sorry there has been a slight delay, but very soon, we will catch up on issue twelve.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Kev Parr wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:46 pm Thanks all - feel bad taking the credit myself, but Nick's gone feral this week, and Garrett is up to his neck in getting Issue 11 out.

So I'll bask in it myself...!
Feral? Well almost! Just covered 13 miles in my canoe on the suffolk Stour, one angler was spotted along the journey! Amazing river though, plenty of un fishable stretches due to the bank vegetation.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

firstly I would class it as minimal rather than chill music.

The reason why I used that style of music in the film,is that the music has plenty of silent space, this compliments the pace of the the film which is slow, the music almost hangs in the air. Adding ambient noises would suggest something else which could create a confused message in what is simply a film about fishing and the landscape.

My previous film 'The girl who went home' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKdKmwrUz7Y has a 1930's dixieland song as a way to represent the angler and her life.

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

The music consisted of only a few piano bars, and for the most part there was none. The rest was the ambience of nature, I think it worked quite well. There was not any of the the musak you refer to here.
Best regards
Mem

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”