Angling From Many Angles

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Santiago
Wild Carp

Angling From Many Angles

Post by Santiago »

Angling From Many Angles by 'Silver Doctor '. Aka Lewis Smith. I have just started reading this wonderful anthology of fishing stories that were first published in the Fishing Gazette in the early Twentieth century, and self published by the author's wife posthumously ; which is why this is a rare book. Regardless, it's a surprisingly fantastic read and I whole heartedly recommend it to all tffers who like a good fishing story, even though the price might be a tad high. I bought my copy as a present for my son and need to read it before he returns and it disappears!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

JAA

Re: Angling From Many Angles

Post by JAA »

It's a great book, I picked up a copy a few years back for nearly nothing. It's well worth a read.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Angling From Many Angles

Post by Santiago »

Now nearly three quarters through this magnificent book. A bit of a puzzle though, if I read certain lines in the voice of a certain famous TV fishing presenter I am struck by how well his voice matches to my distant memories of this presenter's oft used phrases and over dubbing of his shows. Nay lad! Certainly, this chappie wouldn't have plagiarised this book, would he! Just uncanny that's all. There's just a limited number of fishing phrases afterall! Nevertheless, plagiarised or not, and perhaps just a coincidence, his voice matches sections of the script as if he wrote the book himself! Bit of a mystery then, but now I am aware of the similarities I will listen much more attentively to this presenter's offerings next time they're shown.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”