Coarse "How To Catch Them" ... Almost There.

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Coarse "How To Catch Them" ... Almost There.

Post by AshbyCut »

Thanks, Sir ... but that's the newly printed Medlar Press copy only recently released in 2012.

There's only one copy of the original 1969 edition available on Abe books at the moment ... and even with a 'frayed & chipped dust-wrapper' the asking price is £135. It's the rarest book in the 'How to Catch 'Em' range.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Nope....not got that one :surrender:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

A fine collection you have there sir :Hat:
Good luck in your quest to complete it .

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

The dust jacket on mine has some damage so will not command a high price I should think. I have had it a number of years and was informed back then that a web site had one for £100+ but some of those sites do inflate the prices somewhat so took the value with a pinch of salt. I must admit my rod making edition is the one I like best which I have obtained since. Here is a link to a picture of my book from a previous posting on here...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11272&hilit=specime ... 30#p162513

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Don't forget anyone can put an over the top price on a book getting it is another matter mind.
Regardless of what you think books have reduced in price over the last 5 yrs I know because my collection is worth far less than I played for it unfortunately.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Two years ago I did a book clearance, a bereavement asset disposal and picked up amongst others books, Fishing in the park, Specimen fish, Match Fishing, Cod, Gravel pit Fishing... They (the book & cover) in my opinion, were in a very good.condition. They were bought by a book dealer that afternoon, who classified them as near mint, and bought them for his own collection, paying I considered a ridiculous price, but then again whose arguing.....

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Is there a definitive list of all the books in the series that someone can give a link to please. :Hat:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Reedling wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:04 am Is there a definitive list of all the books in the series that someone can give a link to please. :Hat:
PM on it's way, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

As a confirmed pond addict I had to have Fishing in Ponds. I was lucky to get it at a reasonable £22 as it is one of the rarer books in this series. I wasn't expecting such a useful read, with lots of good theory and science too. On the subject of rare book values I have a copy of BB's rarest tome the Pegasus book of The Countryside. Sadly mine is ex school library and is marked with crayon too. A good copy went on the bay a couple of years ago for £500!

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”