The Norfolk Angler

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Tizer
Chub

The Norfolk Angler

Post by Tizer »

Good morning,I wonder if you could help me please,I was given some copys of this magazine and would like to know if and where I could get the missing one's,The one's I have are number 2-4-5 and 6, Are they still going,I can't find a date on the mags anywhere,from reading them I think they may be from 2006,I did find a e,mail address but have not had a reply yet,any info please.

Rutilus
Roach

Re: The Norfolk Angler

Post by Rutilus »

These were the journals of the NACA (Norfolk Anglers' Conservation Association) which ceased to exist over a year ago. Seven issues were produced with No. 7 being dated 2011. I have all (being a long time member!) and it should be possible to source the missing issues, Tenisgol may be able to help but for the moment I would like to hang on to my own copies.
I will ask around for you anyway.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

I also was a NACA member and somewhere have all the issues - I will have a look today and get back to you.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thank you for the reply's ,What a shame,from what I read they were really doing a good job trying to sort some of the problems on the Wensum,Broads etc,Did anyone else take over I wonder?

Rutilus
Roach

Post by Rutilus »

From the ashes of the NACA there is now the Wensum Anglers' Conservation Association, with some of the old faces augmented by some new ones. Well represented on the Wensum front in trying to combat some of the immense problems here. Broads issues come under the Broads Angling Services Group with a Broads pike fishing group also active I believe.
I don't think producing a glossy magazine will be very high on the agenda though for the WACA as funds are better spent in actually doing practical jobs!

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

:Thumb:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I am the Membership Secretary for Wensum Anglers Conservation Association and would be happy to answer questions and provide some detail, if there is sufficient interest. I have most of the original NACA journals, as I was a very early member, plus most of The Norfolk Angler magazines including some duplicates.

I am a bit busy at the moment but will try to get back to this thread at the weekend.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

I had a quick look around in some boxes yesterday and have so far not found them - there’s plenty more to look through - however I note Phil - Tengisgol has found the thread and am sure he will be able to help - in the meantime I will have another look over the weekend.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thank you

Rutilus
Roach

Post by Rutilus »

I've just found Norfolk Angler No. 8. Dated 2012 so I think this was actually the last issue :Thumb:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”